According to Dr. Dao Hoang Thien Kim - lecturer of dermatology - internal aesthetics of plastic and plastic surgery at Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University, Ho Chi Minh City, currently there are 15% of women aged 28-30 experience mild melasma, 40% of women over the age of 30 have severe melasma.
Doctor, Doctor Dao Hoang Thien Kim - Lecturer of Dermatology - Internal Aesthetic Plastic Surgery at Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University, HCMC. Ảnh: Sakura Beauty Vietnam.
The longer the spots are, the more deep they are and they spread, making it difficult to treat. Therefore, the treatment as soon as it is discovered will give positive results. Below are the shares of Dr. Dao Hoang Thien Kim about the cause of skin pigmentation and advice on treatment of definitive skin pigmentation.
- What is the cause of skin pigmentation in women, especially postpartum women?
In addition to genetics, there are common factors that are considered to promote skin pigmentation, such as hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause, menstrual disorders or environmental factors. when exposed to the sun, assorted blue light from electronics. Overuse of cosmetics of unknown origin with excessive peeling properties is also one of the factors that cause skin pigmentation.
These are some of the main causes leading to the problem of melasma recorded so far that you need to pay attention to.
- In addition to applying aesthetic technologies, what is the effect of using some topical products when treating melasma?
- Melasma treatment is not simply applying a certain method, but there must be a combination of multimodal from drinking inside, applying topical to the use of high-tech measures like IPL., laser, mesotherapy ... can completely treat melasma.
Depending on the condition of each person's skin pigmentation that doctors will advise them an appropriate method. Currently there are many topical products that are effective in the treatment of skin pigmentation licensed by the Drug Administration of Vietnam - Ministry of Health.
Doctor and doctor Dao Hoang Thien Kim (white dress, second from left) in the talk show with the topic "Beautiful without spot" with supermodel, actor Thanh Hang. Ảnh: Sakura Beauty Vietnam.
- With the beauty products advertised as fast white, rapid treatment of melasma, what should the doctor notice to you?
- If you want to treat melasma completely, it will take time and strictly comply with the requirements of specialists and doctors to achieve the desired effect.
If you do not treat melasma properly, using unsafe, unknown melasma products will make skin thin and weak when exposed to outside environment, UV rays, dust ... making the skin prone to irritation, skin allergies, increasing the risk of sun exposure, making the skin susceptible to darkening, darkening, making treatment more difficult in the future.
- What active ingredients are commonly used in melasma products?
- Tranexamic Acid, Arbutin has the ability to reduce hyperpigmentation, which is effective in treating skin pigmentation. If any product has either active ingredient, it will be effective in treating dark spots.
Currently, the market has many melasma treatment products with this active ingredient combination, women can consider using.
Sakura is a pharmaceutical and cosmetic brand licensed by the Drug Administration of Vietnam - Ministry of Health and sold in pharmacies and beauty establishments, effective in treating melasma.
Sakura Spots Transformation consists of two products: Sakura Transforming Cream and Sakura Transforming Serum are elegantly designed with a soft, smooth texture, not greasy and penetrates quickly into the skin, highly moisturizing.
Sakura Transforming has a combination of two outstanding active ingredients to help treat melasma, Tranexamic Acid and Alpha Arbutin. In which, Alpha Arbutin is an ingredient extracted from nature, effective in treating melasma. This combination not only enhances the effectiveness of skin pigmentation treatment but also helps to lighten the skin tone, moisturize and soothe skin deeply.